Fisher&Paykel GWL11 Display

Dave0654December 14, 2010

5 year old F&P washer model GWL11 will not respond when membrane buttons are pressed. Some indicators are illuminated. Same indicators illuminate after cycling power and does not correct. It's unusually cold here with washroom in unheated area and temperature 45-50 deg. Could low temperature be the cause? Thanks in advance for any suggestions on correcting the problem.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Low ambient temperature doesn't seem likely to have such an effect ... although anything is possible. Try running a space heater in the area for a while, raise the temp 10�F or so, see if that has any effect. If not, possibly one (or more) of the display module buttons is stuck. There are no specific tests on the buttons, it's just a matter of do they work/respond or not. The touch panel is an overlay that adheres to the console. There are tiny switches on the display module beneath at each button location.

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 11:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dave0654

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to respond. I unplugged each component connector on the control board with power off and then reconnected power to see if there was any change in the display and there wasn't. So I began pressing the buttons and noticed that the combination of lights would change when I cycled power. I also began getting beeps that I had not gotten before. After quite a bit of button pushing and some firm tapping on the back of the display panel, it began working and a load is almost finished. Thank you again for your time and suggestions, Dadoes.

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 9:34PM
More Discussions
Farmhouse Sink In Laundry - Size/Depth
In all the inspiration pics I've seen, it's always...
burbmomoftwo
Dryer: Changing from gas to electric?
Hi, Wondering what the experiences of folks who have...
dan_no_9
which compact washer/dryer?
I really wanted the Miele touchtronic washer/dryer...
achase1961
Kenmore Detergent
Has anyone seen the Kenmore Detergent at Sears? I saw...
sparky823
Fisher Paykel Washer/Dryer
Sears is now carrying Fisher Paykel washers and dryers....
phyllisb
Sponsored Products
Fischer Mobel | Helix Sunbed
YLiving.com
Fisher Island Square 3 Light Bath Bar
Lightology
Fisher-Price My Little Lamb Infant Seat - P2792
$59.99 | Hayneedle
Kalee Deluxe Roadster Pedal Riding Toy - Pink - KL-20136
$335.00 | Hayneedle
Fisher Island Flushmount by Philips Forecast Lighting
$328.00 | Lumens