Questions about new electrolux

lmm1845December 31, 2010

Hi there. Just had our new electrolux wave w/d set installed a few days ago and i have a couple of questions for those of you that have them...

1). Leaving the door ajar. It seems like it is either all the way open or closed with no way to keep it open just a little. Ours is a laundry closet so the way it is now the big closet door has tobe open all the way so the washer can stay open. Saw someone mention that they were able to leave open just a bit and I'm hoping to find out how

2). After the wash there is about an inch of water in the two right hand cups of the dispenser. Manual says there might be a little but they are basically full. I tried leaving dispenser open and the next day they were still half full which makes me concerned to close it for mold. Because of the tight fit in the closet we would have to leave the closet doors open for days to give enough time for dispenser to dry.

Are these issues with my machines specifically? Any advice on how to resolve?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larsi_gw

I had the SAME issues when I had a Wave Touch set for a few weeks. The doors (which drove me crazy) are open or shut. What we did was use a bungee cord on the little metal clasp hook by the inside of the glass door, and just hooked it (end of hook was rubber coated!!) the rubber boot seal/ring. Looked like hell, but kept the door ajar a few inches and allowed the inside to air out.

After I am done with laundry, I NEVER leave the soap tray in the machine. I either leave it in the sink next to the washer, or just put the tray on top of the machine, on a small microfiber towel or something. This way, with the door ajar (via the bungee cord) and the soap tray removed...the machine can thoroughly air out. I do the same with ALL my Mieles (alas no bungee corde needed :)

Bookmark   December 31, 2010 at 10:27AM
More Discussions
How to access Program Mode in Miele W3038
After almost four years without a washer yesterday...
recordaras
Combo washer-dryer in USA?
Do they allow to purchase and use an all-in-on e washer+dryer...
neonrider
Kenmore Detergent
Has anyone seen the Kenmore Detergent at Sears? I saw...
sparky823
Need help! Research New Washer, Bravos is totally trashed.
So confused, so many conflicting opinions. It truly...
thepond
Dryer: Changing from gas to electric?
Hi, Wondering what the experiences of folks who have...
dan_no_9
Sponsored Products
Electrolux Stainless Over-the-Range Microwave
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™