Danby compact dryer problems

rodeobearDecember 20, 2010

I have a matching Danby FL washer/dryer pair. These were bought several years ago at Home Depot and they are at my vacation house. I love the washer but the dryer and me are not on speaking terms. Seems the "auto dry" selection will only make the dryer run for about 10 minutes (always done this, since new)...so I have to use the timed cycle for 60 minutes then reset it for about 20-30 more minutes on most loads. I would like to be able to just set the dryer on "auto" and walk away...then come back to dry clothes.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and how did you fix it? Can the sensor me relocated? Where would I relocate it?

rodeobear@mwt.net

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rodeobear

"Can the sensor BE relocated? Sorry for the typo.

Bookmark   December 20, 2010 at 8:34AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bigdogmom_pa

Rodeobear - I also own a Danby set. One thing, and maybe you've tried this, when you first turn the machine on, move the dial to the "0" right at the top. Let it set there for 2-5 sec. Ok, now move it to the auto choice you would like, look at the light panel and see that the light come on next to the choice you made, like xtrdry. Once that light is lit, hit start.

The reason being, is if the very first thing you dried you did so on a 10 min cycle, it will always choose that cycle unless you clear it by going to the "0" first. Anytime you want to choose a different cycle you need to stop by "0" first.

Let me know if that helps.

Bookmark   December 21, 2010 at 8:34AM
More Discussions
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™