Help with dimmer for LED undercabinet lighting profile powercore

ralphs95November 10, 2011

Hi everyone,

Thanks to davidtay and others, we just had the Philips Color Kinetics EW profile powercore LED undercabinet lights installed with our kitchen renovation.

They look good, but we're still trying to figure out the appropriate dimmer to install with the lights. We bought 2 Lutron Skylark Contour dimmers from Home Depot. They are electronic low voltage (ELV)and reverse phase and the only one Home Depot stocked. Our electrician is not familiar with the LED undercabinet lights (or dimmer)so he doesn't know which dimmer is best (compatible). From what I can find out the profile powercore calls for an ELV dimmer, so it should work, but I'm not sure about it.

Does anyone have experience with using a dimmer with the EW profile powercore LED undercabinet lights? We'll be using 2 separate dimmers (one for each run of cabinets - 3 fixtures each).

I assume that getting a dimmer for these lights is a good idea. Thanks for any advice or recommendations on the best dimmer selection for our install.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
David

Use an ELV dimmer. I'm using the Lutron Diva (DVELV-300P-WH 300-Watt Diva Electronic Low Voltage Single Pole Dimmer) with eW powerCore MX lights (higher output LED lights intended for cove lighting)

Bookmark   November 10, 2011 at 3:46PM
More Discussions
i found this on ebay
its a led strap very nice anf beautiful Specifications: Ø...
Ran Peretz
Recessed Lighting Layout for Kitchen
Hi, everyone. I know this is asked all the time, but...
firefox15
Legacy Debut Kitchen Cabinet -designer construction
Hi, Does anyone have any feedback on this cabinet...
Lisa Smith
Quality of LED fixtures from different manufacturers
Hello! Does anyone know how LED light fixtures from...
linae
Bedroom Lighting Advice?
I just came up with a first draft for lighting in our...
schicksal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™