which washer is best for handwashing

hchristieDecember 28, 2012

I am looking for the best washing machine brand and make for handwashing super delicate clothing.

I am considering the top loader lg wave force, whirlpool cabrio, maytag bravia and their matching dryers. I am also trying to get the best for cleaning pillow and other non washable stuff so am leaning toward the lg model that steams things in the dryer on a rack. The lg also has a stainless steel drum, direct steam option in the dryer and the direct drive, no belts to wear out, and largest capacity.

Thank you for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dbfirewife

I cannot tell you which brand is the best for that but I have a front loading Samsung and it is very easy on clothing on the delicate cycle. I also put some of those items in the little mesh laundry washing bags. I can wash about anything I need to with no problems.. from a King Size comforter to delicate antique quilts or crocheted items with not problems at all. I have been more then happy with my Samsung's....In addition to being quiet running and spinning my clothes come out very clean. It has several cycles to pick from but I wash most of my clothing on the quick cycle, the quick cycle has 3 levels to choose from, light, medium, or heavy. I use the heavy, which is a 33 minute cycle....The only time I might use the Normal wash cycle which is 58 minutes is on loads of whites or extra sweaty golf clothing. Hope this helps you some... I know purchasing a washer these days is a tough decision.

Bookmark   December 31, 2012 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Laundry room
I have been digging through the forums but am still...
mwinfield
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™