Frigidaire GLER331AS2 electric dryer problem

pitypatDecember 2, 2010

Started the dryer & everything was as usual. 15 minutes later I noticed it was not running. Nothing happens when the start button is turned to start. No noise, no hum or clicking, nothing. Checked the obvious (flipped breaker, wall outlet) both are ok. Dryer just wont turn on. Thanks for any help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Most dryers nowadays have one or two thermal fuses that blow (they do not auto-reset) in response to overheating. One protects the heating element primarily in case the element shorts to ground, in which case it will heat even if the dryer is turned off. It also acts as a safety backup for the element overheat thermostat (which does auto-reset and prevents overheating of the element if the airflow obstructed). If this fuse blows, the dryer may run but won't heat.

The other fuse blows if the air temp inside the drum gets too high, such as may happen if the operating thermostat fails to shut off the heat at the target temperature. In most cases of this fuse triggering, the machine won't run at all.

A bad timer, failed push-to-start switch, failed door safety switch, or bad motor can also cause a dead machine.

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 5:23AM
More Discussions
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Sad FS discovery
I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I...
andi2928
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™