Megabrite undercabinet lights

ashikOctober 2, 2012

Costco is selling Megabrite Wireless Motion Sensor Undercabinet Lights - battery operated - LED . I am wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge? I wonder if I will be disappointed that I will need to turn the switches on manually on each one - not that I have a big kitchen - but will probably have two or three strips.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

I've used the Ikea ones that attach to the drawer, and turn on when the drawer is moved - they work well. Haven't used toekick lighting, but I wouldn't want anything I couldn't be connected so you could turn them all on or off at once. There are long LED strips you can get that would work better.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 3:47AM
lindy1096

We are looking at the same lights. I found some good reviews on Amazon. My biggest concern would be flying through batteries.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 7:09PM
ashik

lindy1096 - I read somewhere that if that becomes an issue, the suggestion was to use rechargeable batteries.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 9:19PM
brickeyee

All the effluence in the world is not going to increase the power available from the 6 AA batteries.

Actual light output values (like lumens) seems to be conspicuously missing amid all the advertising puffery.

Ten time the efficiency does not make all that much light from an AA battery.

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 12:50PM
ashik

I must add, after our 7 days without power due to Hurricane Sandy, that I LOVED these strips as a light source offering a wide span of bright light better than a beam from a flashlight. We are keeping the two packs I had purchased - even to only use during another power outage - using it hand-held!

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 12:33PM
More Discussions
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
If we need to do smaller 3 inch recessed lights in a shower ....
Hi everyone, We are trying to work out if we can put...
ontariomom
Hubbardton Forge
Does anyone by chance have their Icarus and/or Mobius...
anniel58
Pendant help
Hello, Does anyone know where I can buy these lovely...
Nicole Falla
Recessed lighting - Remodel (yes/no) LED Can and Trim/Engine (model)
Hi, I want to install recessed lighting in my house...
firsthome_sfh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™