What is in your upper cabinets in laundry room?

momto3kiddosNovember 5, 2012

I am planning the layout of my laundry room in a new build. The room is 11x9 with an extra 2ft deep bumpout for hanging clothes, ironing board storage, etc. I have the laundry sink and FL washer and dryer along one wall with a run of upper and lower cabinets on another wall... making and L shape. I plan to fold clothes on this countertop and leave room for laundry baskets underneath the counter. I am planning upper cabinets, but besides detergent, dryer sheets, stain removers, that will live above W/D, what will I put in my upper cabinets? I have a utility space elsewhere for tools and such. I am just considering if I should do without some of the uppers and create a gift wrap station or something else instead. So, what is in your upper cabinets?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oregpsnow

I am not fortunate enough to have a laundry room with upper cabinets but I have seen others who store seasonal kids items - gloves, boots, etc., there. Or pet-related supplies. Or emergency supplies for a disaster. If you don't need the storage - and I am very envious - it might be better used, as you said, for something else like gift wrapping. Or maybe I could store my iron, ironing board, steamer and seasonal clothes there. :)

I will probably never build a house from scratch but it sure would be nice to have it built to my specs and needs. Enjoy your new house.

Bookmark   November 6, 2012 at 3:36PM
kris_zone6

Light bulbs, vases, old towels, cleaning supplies, things I only need once in a while. Probably could get rid of some of it. I do go through it occasionally, but it seems to fill up again

Bookmark   November 7, 2012 at 11:01PM
autumn.4

Besides detergent.....candles, flashlights, dog grooming tools and heart worm pills-etc, light bulbs, sunblock, my tools (2 screw drivers, a hammer), glue, permanent markers........basically a hodge podge of stuff that has no other home.

Ours could really use a good clean out too - as you can see it's really a multipurpose space!

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 4:36PM
mydreamhome

Ours is similar to Autumn & Kris above--extra towels, pool/beach towels, extra sheet sets, old towels, light bulbs, batteries, a few tools, flashlights/lanterns, craft supplies, etc. I like having the extra storage available as I don't know where I would stash all that stuff without it.

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 8:57AM
mydreamhome

Ours is similar to Autumn & Kris above--extra towels, pool/beach towels, extra sheet sets, old towels, light bulbs, batteries, a few tools, flashlights/lanterns, craft supplies, etc. I like having the extra storage available as I don't know where I would stash all that stuff without it.

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 12:43PM
More Discussions
Persil DuoCaps Made in Germany
So after my less than great results with the new "WalMart...
larsi_gw
Whirlpool Cabrio top loaders vs LG?
Hi all. I am interested in Whirlpool because we can...
jennifer2413
Good sheet set, stand up to laundering...
Hi all: I placed this post in the laundry forum because...
CharterOps
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
Sponsored Products
Powder Coated White Energy Star Flush Mount with Alabaster Glass
$36.96 | Bellacor
Family Press Home Electronic Steam Press
Overstock.com
Carter Cappuccino Laundry Hamper
Overstock.com
Oil Rubbed Bronze Energy Star Wall Sconce with Frosted Glass Shade
$33.00 | Bellacor
Lexington Twilight Bay Caroline Nightstand
$979.00 | LuxeDecor