Help. Which LG front loader washer?

maggiewpNovember 25, 2012

I'm in the market for a new washer/dryer and Home Depot has some great specials right now. What I am having trouble deciding is which front loader I need. Do I need the one that specifies that is has a ColdWash feature. Will I wish I had the turbo (speeds up wash time)feature. And is the steam feature in the washer a good thing. My inclination is to go with the entry level FL (3.6 DOE cu. ft. High-Efficiency Front Load Washer Model # WM2250CW) but if anyone thinks the extra features are worth it, I'd appreciate hearing about it. We are a family of 5, but I don't necessarily think I need a bigger washer (4.0 or larger) because we do laundry fairly often (sports uniforms that need to be washed in short order!)

And yes, I know some folks don't like LG, but I'm OK with the brand, we have good service folks locally and I am aware that I will need to wipe out the washer and keep the door ajar. I did see that there is a magnetic latch on new models that keeps the door from closing completely for airing it out, but I don't see how it will help much (since it really doesn't keep it open much at all).

And maybe I should get the extended warranty just in case?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rikerk

I just purchased the LG 4.0 model that home depot has on sale. It has very good reviews & just an FYI that that sale is ending tomorrow on the LGs. LG actually put on a special so most of the stores has that washer for $899 but it is listed on the LG site as also ending tomorrow. The smaller one also ends tomorrow. Good luck.

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 9:40PM
aiallega

What rikerk said

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 10:45PM
aiallega

what rikerk said

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 10:46PM
aiallega

sorry for double post

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 10:47PM
maggiewp

Thanks for the heads up. What made you opt for this one (over the more basic one)? Also did you get an extended warranty? I was thinking that I didn't need the steam, but maybe 10% difference in size will be noticeable (my old washer is the larger size)?

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 8:02AM
rikerk

I opted for the larger machine because I wanted to be able to wash our queen/king bedding with out squishing it, I liked the smoked glass look better, & out of about 100 reviews on multiple sites I only found one bad review and it sounds like they are talking about a different model. I just liked the larger model better.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 9:24AM
More Discussions
New Tide Turbo Clean HE
Seeing coupons for this in my paper. Is it their response...
kclv
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprilh
Electrolux 70 series....where's Larsi
A friend of mine is looking at Electrolux 70 series...
gates1
Favorite detergents again, please.
What are your favorite detergents (specify liquid or...
isherwood777
Good sheet set, stand up to laundering...
Hi all: I placed this post in the laundry forum because...
CharterOps
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™