Under Cabinet Lighting - Xenon Color Temps

jdavis37October 18, 2010

This forum has been helpful for every kitchen remodel question I have had thus far and now the final frontier! Lighting :) I am leaning toward the 3500K Cree recessed lights for the overhead ( spousal unit prefers a GE Reveal type color for lights ).

I was going to try LED under cabinet lighting but costs are driving me back to Xenon. Does anyone make a Xenon bulb in the 3500K range of color? I really want to avoid the "warm" look or anything too yellowish ( too lbue is also not good ). Dimmable is not really a requirement as long as they have a hi/lo switch.

Thanks in advance for the help! John

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dim4fun

If you don't care about dimming and want 3500 Kelvin at a lower cost than LED then consider fluorescent fixtures.

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 2:11PM
jdavis37

Thx... CFL'sdo offer some advantages though ahving alow/hi level switch doesn't seem to be one of them. We aren't going to use an actual dimmer switch though but having 2 levels might be nice ( never know as it may turn into usin gmostly 1 level , on that time will tell ). Our electrician seems to prefer Xenon and we'll probably head that direction though I'm trying to find out what color temperature the Juno Xenons are. Thx for the CFL suggestion. Is appreciated :)

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 12:04PM
smithy123

couldnt you just put a bluish film over the lights?

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 4:09PM
More Discussions
Hubbardton Forge
Does anyone by chance have their Icarus and/or Mobius...
anniel58
dining area lighting dilemma
We are building our retirement home, and have a large...
golfergirl29
linen lighting shades
do linen shades hold up well in bathrooms?
wldougall
Light fixtures for cove lighting
Greetings, I am constructing cove lighting in a small...
impster
Do LED lights put out enough light
I am looking at Moooi Raimond chandeliers. According...
mrsargent
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™