Anyone have a W/D in master closet? How about a laundry drop?

momto3kiddosNovember 16, 2011

We are working on floor plans now and because the main laundry is so far from the master (it is near the kids rooms - where a lot of laundry will be generated for the next 20 years :), I am considering a stackable w/d in the master closet. Should I be concerned about moisture or lint/dust? What else should I be thinking about?

I am also looking at putting a "pass-through hamper thing along the hall that will open into the laundry room on the other side. If anyone has done this, I would love to see pics to figure out how to make this work! Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cavimum

Our laundry room seems to generate a lot of lint or dust. My concern would be all that lint/dust getting all over clean clothing that hangs in the closet.
Would your closet have a floor drain?
If a hose should burst will it spray all the garments in the closet?
You can see I'm not a fan of the concept....

I am a fan of laundry chutes, though, when the W/D are downstairs from the bedrooms. We don't have on, or need one, but that seems very practical.

Even more practical is a dumb waiter, if you can afford it. They are wired electrically to raise and lower the dirty and clean stuff, as well as anything else, including the kids. LOL.

Bookmark   November 18, 2011 at 1:39PM
More Discussions
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprilh
Fisher+Paykel Eco Intuitive not working properly
Hello, I hope someone out there can help me! I have...
varietypack
Need help choosing a large capacity washer- whats the least bad option
I really want a Miele or a Speed Queen. That said,...
mwinfield
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
Dryer: Changing from gas to electric?
Hi, Wondering what the experiences of folks who have...
dan_no_9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™