Kitchen Light Fixture Suggestions / Help

advertguy2October 20, 2010

Hi,

I know this is a longshot, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a light fixture that I'm thinking of. Haven't actually seen it before, just think it might look cool in my space. Anyways, on to details. I'm redoing my kitchen and will have a long galley style. I don't want to do all pot lights so I was thinking of some sort of light fixture hanging over the middle "isle" that was a good 5 feet long or so. Problem is, it can't hang too low from the ceiling and it can't be track lighting (or flexible track lighting). Also can't be a flourescent fixture. If anything like this exists that doesn't cost multiple thousands of dollars, can someone please let me know?

I guess it would be similar to something that might be used over a dining table, but not hang as low. Als want something that is easy to clean since it's in a kitchen.

Again, any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lightingguru

A island light would be a great choice for you. They come in length from 3 to 5 feet and there are several manufactures that make nautical style lighting fixtures that would be great for a galley style kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lighting

Bookmark   October 21, 2010 at 2:58PM
More Discussions
Light fixtures for cove lighting
Greetings, I am constructing cove lighting in a small...
impster
Do LED lights put out enough light
I am looking at Moooi Raimond chandeliers. According...
mrsargent
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
Michelle
Questions re: installing a linear light fixture with a sloped ceiling
I'm interested in a chandelier from the Kichler Triad...
valpogal47
Alternative to pot/can lights
Spoke to my GC yesterday and he suggested that I use...
abbabug
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™