Oliso Smart Iron? Anyone tried it?

livebetterNovember 23, 2010

I saw this at Costco today (in Canada).

I own a Rowenta that I like but this looked pretty neat.

I was going to get a Rowenta for my mom but I'm wondering if this might be better?

Just curious if anyone has tried it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oliso Smart Iron

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JuliaFan

Yes--I have one I bought for $25! It turned up in a Bldg 19 store (Boston area surplus-closeout type store), and because I knew what it was I grabbed it. We use it in a textile studio, where we were a bit skeptical at first about the riser feet being a gimmick that would be kind of silly, but everyone loves it! It has a good number of steam holes, good weight, and automatic-off, and is actually quite a good iron. When we re working on silk we leave it on the silk setting--putting a hand on the handle for a couple of seconds lowers the iron and turns it back on if it has turned off, and it heats up quickly.

The list price is pretty high--not sure I would pay that. I also have a Rowenta bought at a Costco a few years ago; it's also a good steam iron; the "burst of steam" and spray pooped out and doesn't work now, but it's fine.

I haven't seen the Oliso at Costco. If you can get a good price you might like it a lot.

Bookmark   November 25, 2010 at 9:13AM
More Discussions
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
speed queen awn 542 and adg3lr dryer
Just purchased Speed Queen AWN 542 and ADG3LR Dryer Great...
bcsnave
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™