Weather report

sleeperbluesFebruary 2, 2013

It's -8 here right now, but supposed to "heat up" to 8 today. We had a little dusting of snow last night, but sunny skies right now. The big thing is that we have very little wind, so our walk today won't be so bad. I cannot wait until we get warmer weather, because my dogs really hate their boots and coats--almost like I am torturing them until they get outside and start frolicking. When it's this cold I put two coats on them. We don't go very far, less than 2 miles because I hate it, lol.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindalou

it's 15 here right now, in tonawanda, new york, and snowing like crazy. we probably got an inch and a half in the past hour. i should get boots for alfie, cause he really hates the snow on his pads and spends a half hour licking them off after he has been outside.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 8:18AM
jannie

It's 19 here on Long Island NY. I'm staying indoors today- daughter borrowed my car.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 8:31AM
marilyn_sue

We have light snow and 18 right now, more snow expected for the next few days.

Sue in Central Indiana

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 8:39AM
alisande

It's 14 in bright sun as I write this. Don't know how cold it got last night. Bonesy, the outside cat, sleeps in a dog house on the porch. I put two heated disks (made for keeping pets warm) in with her last night, and one of them was still warm on the bottom this morning. That always amazes me.

The wind yesterday was fierce. I still haven't found one of my trash can lids, and I guess I'm not going to, at least for awhile, because we're expecting snow later today.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 8:41AM
azzalea

17 when we got up. Beautifully sunny. We're supposed to get another dusting of snow overnight.

South Jersey

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 8:42AM
phyllis__mn

-22 here this morning, but better than yesterday, when it got down to -33. Oh, well, the sun is trying to shine, so it will be OK. It's amazing how I can say, in July, how I don't mind Minnesota winters!!

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 8:59AM
bigack

8 here in WV, but sunny! Going to get more snow, gotta feed my birds!

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 9:04AM
gadgets

It's 17 right now in my part of Ohio, with a light snow coming down. We're to get between 3 and 5 inches of the fluffy stuff by tomorrow evening. It got down to 6 last night, but that's a heat wave compared to Phyllis.

I'm ready for spring.

Shirley/Ohio

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 11:01AM
OklaMoni

right now:
A Few Clouds

44ðF/7ðC

Humidity55%
Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
Barometer30.27 in (1025.6 mb)
Dewpoint29ðF (-2ðC)
Visibility10.00 mi
Wind Chill39ðF (4ðC)

Last Update on 2 Feb 9:52 am CST

later today it might get to be:
Sunny, with a high near 59. North northwest wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 11:19AM
chisue

Aloha from South Maui! It's just getting light here in the shadow of Haleakala at 7 a.m.. I can hear the Francolin quail tuning up. (They sound like rusted pump handles.)

Yesterday was *perfect*, and I expect more of the same today: Sunny, 80F with Trade Winds 10 - 15 MPH. The beaches along Kihei Road are busy with pale tourists spotting whales and getting sunburned.

I'm up early because the guests above us are evidently on Road to Hana by now. THEY were up at 5 a.m., bashing around. (First noisy guests above us so far this year.)

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 11:51AM
sleeperblues

Oh, Chisue, I am so jealous! I love Hawaii. Sorry you have noisy neighbors. We did that road to Hana 20 years ago. If I remember correctly it wasn't that great of a road, dangerous in spots. Maybe they've improved it? Enjoy your vacation.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 12:23PM
marie_ndcal

North Dakota--22 ABOVE with snow, about an inch and will have it off and on for the next 3 days. Expect some wind also.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 1:06PM
alisande

Yikes, Phyllis! What do you use for heat? I heat with wood, but I don't think I could keep up at your temperatures. I remember one night it went down to 28 below here, but that was about 30 years ago.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 1:31PM
lily316

We had one year where it was minus 23 but that broke our record. It was in the teens here last night with winds but now is 25 with light snow. I won't complain because I can take extreme cold than extreme heat and humidity,

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 1:40PM
susanjf_gw

we're about the same as lilly..have had light "drier" snow..dh used a broom to clear the walkway...we havn't put down salt as it worn't melt at the low temps...went to home depot and maybe that big accident in detroit had an effect on drivers..fewer were tail-gating! we did use dh's truck rather than my old mini-van....

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 4:17PM
More Discussions
The REAL Friday/Weekend Quiz
Wow, I didn't even notice till this morning that I...
Jasdip
Next season will be the last for Downton Abbey.
This is today's announcement from PBS. "Carnival...
maire_cate
Guest room is finished.
About 3 weeks ago I asked for mattress recomendations...
Rose Pekelnicky
Best Bra you ever had.
I have tried every bra brand there is, and cannot find...
jenson13
Sponsored Products
BDI | Sequel® CPU Cabinet 6006
YLiving.com
Monaco Arbor
Grandin Road
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot
Acacia Hardwood Folding Ladder Back Armchairs (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Commercial Zone Site Saver Smokers Outpost - 710301
$53.99 | Hayneedle
Anderson Kingsley Outdoor Fixture
$176.66 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™