Best FL washer/dryer for 2nd floor laundry room

mwredeNovember 20, 2010

I am new to the laundry forum and would appreciate your help. We have a baby due in 4 weeks and we would love to take advantage of the upcoming sales to get a new washer/dryer set. We are looking for an extra large capacity front loading washer and a gas dryer for our 2nd floor laundry room.

We currently have a 5 yr old Kenmore set w/ pedestals that came with the house. The washer is expremely loud and shakes and moves violently every time it spins, plus water doesn't drain fully which makes the washer smell bad. The dryer is ok but would love something that performs better in terms of wrinkles.

I would appreciate any suggestions. What's the best washer/dryer we could get? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herring_maven

An all-brands washer repairperson who has decades of experience (John Shipkowski) says that the washers that are best suited for installation on wooden floors are those from Samsung or the subset of LG washers that have "square" windows in the door. See his post (the fourth message in the thread) in the Consumer Reports Forum thread that is linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread that addresses washer vibration

Bookmark   November 20, 2010 at 5:15PM
apalmieri

Except during spin, I don't even hear my Electrolux IQ. I probably would save money next time and not get the steam option on both the washer and dryer.

Bookmark   November 23, 2010 at 3:14PM
andreaplants

I am also curious about this. CR recently reviewed antivibration pads and a new anti-vibration unit that the whole washer sits on. We currently have a top loader on second floor on shake-away pads, and it still shakes the floor more than we would like. CR's most recent tests rate so many washers as excellent on vibration that it is not helpful. Has anyone found real vibration tests for recent (new) models?? The pad that CR likes is only for front-loaders, so we are looking at the following, either:

1. THe best (least vibration) front loader and the anti-shake pad (steadywash I think), or,

2. The least vibration top loader (don't care if it's top or front as we hang all of our clothes, but our current top loader uses way too much water, as evidenced by our water bill increase after we got it - so would prefer something that uses less water)

CR mentioned Samsung WF520AB[P] when they tested the pads.

Thoughts? Thanks!!!

Bookmark   November 24, 2010 at 4:04PM
More Discussions
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
New Electrolux washing machine
Hi, I just got a new 70 series front load washer. When...
hollowayl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™