Electronic Ballast for wall sconce - what to replace with

emma823September 28, 2011

I bought a wall sconce online that had it's ballast removed (yes, im not happy about it), and now I need to replace it so that I don't have to pay another $300 for another lamp. Can someone please help me figure out what the appropriate replacement is? I cannot find the same item for sale anywhere. It also seems like the output voltage is incorrect (made in China).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The ballast type must match the lamp type and quantity. If you know what lamp it is supposed to be then search for its match and don't be concerned about brand of ballast.
The input voltage of 120V is correct for USA residential lighting circuits. Output is what the lamp requires.

Write down everything the lamp says.

    Bookmark   September 29, 2011 at 11:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

14W T5 lamp (1) 120v 600v output. Rapid start electronic ballast. .

Power side wire - 1 black, 1 white

Lamp side wires - 1 red, 1 green, 1 black, 1 white.

I tried google but wasn't able to find exact match.

    Bookmark   September 29, 2011 at 2:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
    Bookmark   September 29, 2011 at 3:25PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Bulkhead pots in teeny bathroom
I'm so not a lighting expert! What's the forum members'...
Studio Design
What should be dimmable in my kitchen?
We are doing a kitchen renovation, and like most new...
If we need to do smaller 3 inch recessed lights in a shower ....
Hi everyone, We are trying to work out if we can put...
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
MBR ceiling light or fan
Hi all, We have a farmhouse/colonial that was built...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™