Tracey_Oh, If You're Still On Here

bcskyeJuly 15, 2013

I just tried your Chocolate Ice cream recipe using SCM. I might have put in a tad more of the cocoa, used just 1 c. cream instead of two and increased the milk from 1 c. to 2 c.. If it's half as good when it comes out of my freezer as it tasted straight out of the ice cream maker, I will definitely be a very happy camper. Thank you for posting the SCM recipes for ice cream back in May of 2011.

Madonna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tracey_OH

Madonna, you are quite welcome! I hope you enjoy the finished product! It's my go-to recipe for chocolate ice cream. Funny, I was just thinking tonight about trying to get some farm stand peaches tomorrow for peach ice cream. Love summer time and homemade ice cream:)

Tracey

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:33AM
compumom

Recipe please!

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:44AM
bcskye

So easy!

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. cocoa powder
2 c. cream
1 c. milk
1 T. vanilla extract

Combine the SCM and the cocoa then add in the other ingredients. Freeze in an ice cream maker.

I used just 1 c. cream and 2 c. milk and it is so delicious. I like it better than any commercial chocolate ice cream I've bought.

Vanilla Ice Cream

1 c. cream
1 c. milk
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine all ingredients then freeze in an ice cream maker.

Tracey said she found this vanilla ice cream a little sweet which is not a problem, but add in another cup of milk or cream or a combination if you like it a little less sweet.

Lemon Ice Cream (Tracey "warning: a bit tart")

1 c. cream
1 c. milk
1 T. lemon zest
2/3 c. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients then freeze in an ice cream freezer.

Gee, I've got fresh peaches, bing cherries, lemons and oranges. What will I try next? Bet that "a bit tart" lemon ice cream would be good on a hot day like today.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:11PM
compumom

That sounds wonderful and there's no need to make and cool the custard mixture prior to freezing? The grands were here on Sunday and wanted to make ice cream. There wasn't enough time to do all of the steps before they would have had to leave. I'll pick up some SCM mix with some dark cocoa powder and give this recipe a try!

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:39PM
bcskye

Compumom, I am a chocoholic. I used regular Hershey Cocoa and it was fantastic. Didn't get super hard, either. I'm going to try the vanilla next with some add-ins. And it only takes 20 minutes in my machine for a little less than soft serve. I'm so excited that I'll be able to make my own ice cream while we travel this winter. I have a double door fridge with a double door freezer in the RV so I'll have plenty of room for extra bowls of ice cream. I'd better make sure I take my bike so I don't wind up as big as a whale.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:34PM
More Discussions
Help with baked eggs and a new oven
Hi - we recently got a new oven (Thermador) and my...
peggysugar
How Do You Cook Brown Rice?
Having just turned 52, it is no longer possible to...
johnliu_gw
Canning tomato juice worth it?
Hi All - I'm thinking about canning tomato juice this...
jennieboyer
Any ideas for baby Indian eggplants?
I picked these up at Sprouts (there was a large, nearly...
Gooster
As Seen on Food Fortunes -- Can you measure flour?
Have you seen this show? Shark Tank for the comestibles...
plllog
Sponsored Products
Polaris P043VB Porcelain Vessel Sink Bisque
PLFixtures
Comfort Dreams 11-inch Queen-size Gel Memory Foam Mattress with Thermo-Gel Cover
Overstock.com
Trumpeted Square Black 86-inch to 120-inch Double Curtain Rod
$70.38 | Bellacor
Serena & Lily Feather Rug
Serena & Lily
James Martin Furniture Classico Granite Double Vanity Set
Overstock.com
Yellow Sheer Batiste Rod-Pocket Panel
$12.99 | zulily
LZF | Gea Wall Light
$510.00 | YLighting
Gizaun Art Red Flower Indoor/Outdoor Full Color Cedar Wall Art - RDF2216