(another) help me pick: Electrolux vs Whirlpool

shodorovNovember 19, 2012

Electrolux EIFLS55IIW vs Whirlpool WFW94HEXW specifically...

but in general terms, which of the 2 brands offers better reliability longevity and in case of trouble, warranty and support?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shodorov

more info: had a perfectly good 8 year old pair of bosch nexxt machines. never an issue and performed well. Sandy took care of those!

Bosch doesnt make washer/dryers anymore, if it did I would just buy the current ones - like I am doing with my dishwasher so I am totally out of my element.

I didnt have steam, not sure what its good for. didnt have a super fancy LCD but the machines WORKED... only gripe is they both were slow. A wash could take well over an hour.

my only needs are FL and HE and a 4.0cf drum or more.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 3:36PM
fastonetime

I had that same Electrolux. Wished I didn't. I actually had a few. Multiple boards went bad. Motors. You name it. I was actually going to get he whirlpool duet WFW97. But I changed my mind because sears said it was on back order for over a month. Must have been A very popular machine. If I would have known now what I know about Electrolux I would have waited for thy duet. Electrolux eventually ended up buying my machine back from me. So I'm glad I didn't have to keep it!

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 5:25PM
saypoint

I had the Electrolux as well. My clothes stank. Stunk? Anyway, after washing and drying using the correct detergent and following instructions, I smelled like I'd been working in fields all week in the same clothes. PU
After working my way up to a higher level of customer service and threatening to join the class action lawsuit against them being initiated in CA, they refunded my purchase price. This was 2.5 years after I bought it.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 5:10PM
bonesoda

I was initially looking at the WFX97HEX as well but went ahead with the elux. Clothes have never been cleaner and i like the machines.

I do have some trouble with it and elux is promptly taking care of it.

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 9:23PM
cj47_gw

I have an Electrolux in the 70 line, not the 55. Slightly bigger and has a few more bells/whistles. I've had it for about 9 months, works great and no bad smells at all. I am very happy with the performance.
Cj

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 2:14PM
bonesoda

nods at CJ. Mine is a 70 series too.

Bad smells will happen if after the wash people close the door... i have read here for all the tips and follow them religiously, the door stays open for a day or two (same with my dishwasher) and i wipe any excess water from the gasket.

Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 2:50PM
More Discussions
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Is anyone happy with their front loader washer and dryer?
I am in the market for a new W/D set but all I read...
aprilh
LG/Kenmore Elite 5.2 washer & 9.0 Dryer
Hey everyone! Happy New Year!! Does anyone have any...
larsi_gw
Does Persil Liquid ProClean from Walmart USA contain....
optical brighteners. Their website is next to useless...
spicy19
Affresh vs. Washer Magic
We've had our Duet for about two months, and so far/so...
chipshot
Sponsored Products
F/N Two IO Whirlpool Blue Outdoor Wall Mount
$301.75 | Bellacor
Eago 61 Inch Rounded Corner Waterfall Whirlpool Bathtub - AM505
Hayneedle
F/N Two Fluorescent Whirlpool Blue Two-Light Wall Sconce
$327.25 | Bellacor
Sterling Ensemble 76110110 60W x 73.25H in. Whirlpool Bathtub Shower Combo - 761
Hayneedle
Polyester Shower Curtain - Cream Linen
Signature Hardware
EAGO AM151-L Left Drain 71 Colorful Light Up Modern Acrylic Whirlpool Bath
Blue Bath
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™