washer machine power button

loren11November 10, 2010

the power button has not been working well, just sporadically..now the power will NOT come on at all..its an avanti front loader. have tried unplugging, but nothing helps..am a female with no skills on taking it apart..so thats out of the question.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
housefairy

First I would check and make sure it's not your electric circuit. Plug something else in, such as a hair dryer or a radio, and make sure it is working correctly.

Also, sometimes the electrical outlets become loose(worn) and won't hold the plug securily. If you kind of jiggle or rock the plug slowly does it then work?

I just want you to check to make sure it's not the electrical connection instead of the washer. Since you state you have no repair skills, that way you will know who to call, electrician or washer repairman.

Bookmark   November 10, 2010 at 9:01PM
loren11

thanx for reply..yes did check that, its fine..as for repairs i doubt if i would spend what it costs to call a licensed plumbe, machine is 8 yrs old only paid $400 for it..time for a new one.

Bookmark   November 11, 2010 at 1:43PM
caryscott

At worst you need an appliance repair person. It isn't a bad living but they aren't pulling down what a plumber makes where I live - if the problem is just a minor short you are not looking at a complicated or expensive repair.

Bookmark   November 11, 2010 at 2:41PM
More Discussions
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
Do HE TL washer really Clean?
I have had a traditional Maytag TL washer for the last...
jungleexplorer
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
HELP!! Dryer side vent question/Help (Samsung)
Hello! does anyone have a dryer that they had to use...
peasknees
Vibration reduction in compact washers - Whirlpool vs. Asko?
We recently moved into a new house and are considering...
mannyzen76
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™