SQAWN542November 13, 2013

Purchased Speed Queen AWN542 about 2 months ago. Really enjoying a simple to use washer that cleans my clothes very well.

Hope to share my experiences with this fine machine along with what I learned in researching a replacement for the GE profile that gave up the ghost after 14 trouble free years.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whirlpool_trainee

SQAWN542 aka Washman from automaticwasher.org?

Bookmark   November 13, 2013 at 6:56PM
SQAWN542

Yes indeed. Due to mitigating circumstances, I have left that forum and found this one.

Bookmark   November 13, 2013 at 7:59PM
whirlpool_trainee

Yeah... I read your thread on aw.org just this very minute. What a shame. Hope you'll like it here.

Alex

Bookmark   November 13, 2013 at 9:14PM
beaglenc

Hi SQAWN542 and welcome to the Laundry Room. While I'm not a member AWO, just haven't got around to joining, I did so enjoy your posts and vids. as well as the ads. As a fellow 542 owner, I look forward to all your input and experiences. Oh, and I agree with you all the way.
While it seems most members on here are into HE, it's nice to have an old school fan on board.:)

Bookmark   November 14, 2013 at 8:52AM
fahrenheit_451

The Rifleman slinging Speed Queen...cool! Oh, and welcome aboard.

Bookmark   November 14, 2013 at 12:49PM
triedandtrue

Hi and welcome ! I used to be on that website as agiflow several years back. I too purchased a speed queen back in march and must say these are excellent machines. Have yet to have an unbalanced load bang on the cabinet or make the machine walk.Very smooth quiet spin and great washing.
Have model AWN432. One thing I notice during wash. The tub in mine leans back and to the right towards the control knob, but is always balanced after spin. I hear this is normal though.

Bookmark   November 15, 2013 at 8:44PM
SQAWN542

I look forward to sharing good experiences with the AWN 542. The last of the old school machines that does laundry w/o making it a torture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Washing mixed load of clothes

Bookmark   November 17, 2013 at 5:47AM
More Discussions
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Persil at Walmart!
I was looking through the walmart flyer and I saw that...
andi2928
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
Electrolux new updated LOGO 2015
Electrolux is updating their LOGO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQYZ_oWCp0...
georgect
i just want somebody to fix my speed queen!!!!!!
So the timer has been acting up on my AWN542 for a...
beaglenc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™