Haiku or Minka Artemis ceiling fan

ZophieSeptember 27, 2013

Has anyone installed a Haiku ceiling fan? I am looking for a lighted ceiling fan for my 8' heigh master bedroom. I like that it's 9.8" drop from the ceiling, what I don't like is the price $1,095 for a white composite, $1,265 for bamboo, including wall light switch and LED lights (which I think are cool). There seems to be only one company that sells them, Big Ass Fans, I'm not kidding about the name, hence the ridiculously high price. And what's with the lack of reviews for this product. The photos on Houzz seem to all be supplied by Haiku and not decorators which makes me suspicious.

I also like the Minka Artemis Fan, which at $550 is half the price or less of the Haiku, and 12" deep, halogen lighted. I initially thought this was expensive but now think it's a bargain compared to the Haiku.

What do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sparklebread

We have the Minka Artemis in our master bedroom. Love It!

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 9:14PM
armada

Yes, I've seen the Haiku online as well. It does look cool, but I'd be hard pressed to see the value in it. There are plenty of direct drive motor fans (efficient and well made) from good brands such as Minka, Casablanca, and Fanimation that offer LED lighting options as well. Some of the sites even offer "configure you fan" that allows you to build fan with the colors/blades/lights you specify so you can see it before you buy.

I'd also be concerned with the 9.5" drop on an 8' ceiling unless everyone is under 6' tall. I just installed a casablanca in my MBR with only a 3-4" rod, and I wouldn't want it any lower. (i'm 6'1").

Bookmark   October 17, 2013 at 11:37AM
nakenergy

Does anyone have a review of the Haiku fan? Haiku has really done a great job of having no reviews except sponsored ones.

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 11:29AM
pprioroh

Hey guys, bought a house, it has terrible crappy ceiling fans and they're getting replaced. Have lusted after Haiku fans since they came out, but @$%^ they are expensive!!

Any further f/u or discussion. The efficiency will never pay for itself, but I'm really just looking for a very modern looking QUIET (I freaking ----HATE---- noisy clanky wobbly ceiling fans), quality made fan...

Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 5:18PM
schicksal

I have a Haiku and it is silent, modern looking and does not wobble. We bought it with Sense Me instead of a wall switch and I think that was a good choice since it does a great job of turning on and running automatically. We bought it in late fall so it really hasn't run much. The few times it did it worked perfectly though.

If it matters, as far as I can tell they're the only fans that are made in the US any more.

Bookmark   November 29, 2014 at 8:01AM
badgergal

We had The Minka Artemis installed about 3 years ago. Not only does it look good, it also does a great job moving the air. Ours makes no noise at all and it does not wobble even on the highest speed. We usually don't put it on high though because it is too much air movement for us. We opted not to install the light that came with it. Here's how it looks in my space.

I also have the Minka Wave fan in my bedroom. It is a bit smaller and less expensive. It is also noise free and moves the air well without wobbling.

Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 2:40PM
More Discussions
My stairwell will be my photography gallery
I am going hang my photographs almost all the way to...
Gary Conrad
Quality of LED fixtures from different manufacturers
Hello! Does anyone know how LED light fixtures from...
linae
thoughts on WAC Lighting LEDme Pro Light Bars
title says it all - any feedback on this brand and...
lmgch
Disappointed with my LED recessed lights ... what now?
My LED recessed lights (Cree 6'' 2700K) were installed...
aussies
Durable Outdoor Motion Sensor Light
I would like some recommendations on quality, durable...
happs
Sponsored Products
Kichler Crystal Persuasion Crystal Mini Chandelier
1800Lighting
Contemporary Albion One-Light Nickel Pendant
Overstock.com
Studio Italia Design | Beetle AP7-PL7 Wall and Ceiling Light
YLighting
Waterproof RGB LED Neon, by the 20m Reel
EnvironmentalLights.com
HomeBrite Solar Path & Landscape Lights Solar Powered Progressive Color
$62.98 | Home Depot