cubicle and plants

tlepardSeptember 5, 2009

Hello!

I work in a cubicle... there are fluorescent lights on the ceiling. I also have a 4 foot fluorescent light under the overhead cabinet (F32T8). The color or brightness or something hurts my eyes and gives me headaches. I'm looking to switch to a light bulb that will be better for me and that would help me grow some plants (it's rather dull and depressing in there!).

Thank you for any suggestions as to what type of light I should get to replace this cabinet light.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
izzie

I have heard about fluorescent lights bothering people, I think some of the bulbs/fixtures flicker, but not so much that you can see it. Maybe get your own lamp and use a regular bulb, I have some that are supposed to have natural light spectrum, also some of the newer flour. replacent bulbs are better.

Regarding the plants, most lower light requirement house plants so very well in regular fluorescent lighting with little or no natural light. Try a small peace lily, they are very common and easy to care for.

Here is a link that might be useful: peace lily

Bookmark   September 7, 2009 at 11:58AM
msbatt

You can get a 'grow bulb' for your fluorescent fixtures---should make both you and your plants happy.

Bookmark   September 17, 2009 at 3:41PM
alabamanicole

If the ballast in your cube is lousy, I don't think just replacing the bulb will help. You can change the color temperature, but not the flickering. Your best best is probably getting a desk lamp and using it instead of the fixture.

Bookmark   September 17, 2009 at 6:15PM
More Discussions
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
ontariomom
Need help finding black lantern sconces
I am trying to find black lantern lights like this....
marthasiny
Rosette on slanted dining room ceiling?
Moved into a resale which has a dining room fixture...
Barb P
Buzzing LEDs
I'm exploring LEDs for a new build, and so far, not...
mtvhike
Durable Outdoor Motion Sensor Light
I would like some recommendations on quality, durable...
happs
Sponsored Products
Canterbury Arbor - 60" Opening
Fifthroom.com
Light Blue Nicole Filigree Garden Stool
$119.99 | zulily
Ozark Black Wrought Iron Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Paws & Claws Waterproof and Tear Proof Oxford Bench Style Car Seat Cover - 59-90
$23.50 | Hayneedle
Campania International Vintage Hayward Cast Stone Window Box Planter - P-625-AL
$514.99 | Hayneedle
Yellow Tulip Paper Pot Arrangement
$17.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™