Where to get a vintage style wall mount porcelain utility sink?

threeapplesNovember 13, 2011

I want to have a porcelain or cast iron wall mount utility sink for my laundry room to use with a wall mount faucet. I found some made by Kohler and American Standard, but they don't have great reviews and are very expensive. Where can I find something similar or even an antique? thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

Have you tried eBay?

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 8:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ideagirl2

Look on eBay, but don't just look for a "utility sink." Look for a "farm sink" too, because often those are single-bowl wall-mount sinks like what you're describing. Do a search on antique farm sink, then another on vintage farm sink, and so on. You will have to craft your search to leave out the bad hits--for instance, write -faucet (minus symbol plus the word faucet, no space between them) to prevent faucets from coming up in response to your search, and so on.

As of now, a search on "antique utility sink" (no quotes) brought up one sink that might fit the bill:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vintage-American-Standard-Utility-Sink-Slop-Sink-1960s-/230685429544?pt=Architectural_Garden&hash=item35b5ec4f28

And "antique farm sink" brought up a bunch of sinks, most of which have at least one drainboard, like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Kohler-Porcelain-Farm-Kitchen-Sink-1930s-/250876792979?pt=Architectural_Garden&hash=item3a696c1093

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 10:23PM
More Discussions
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™