Affordable alternative to LEDpro/photonier?

tortybeansSeptember 15, 2010

Hi everyone. I was ready to buy my undercabinet lights today from LEDpro Lighting on Ebay, but there are now no products available in the online store. First of all, does anyone have any information there? The two emails I've sent asking about pricing have not been answered.

Assuming that I can't get the lights from LEDpro, what are the affordable alternatives? Environmentalights is next on my list, but that means my lights will cost at least 50% more than I was expecting. Does anyone have another reputable source that has prices closer to LEDpro's?

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
r_pine

Another LED option for under cabinet lighting that you may want to explore are LED strip lights with adhesive backings.Although I've never used these in my home, I have seen them in person and they are pretty neat. I know that BulbAmerica.com has LED strip packages available beginning at $189.95 (http://www.bulbamerica.com/led-lighting/display-led.html?p=1) I'm not sure based on your message what look you are going for and how much room you have, but LED strip lights are another lighting option worth considering. It looks like based on the picture of the fixture you are talking about that there is a plastic diffuser built in which will soften and disperse the light a bit. The LED strips obviously don't have that so I guess it comes down how you want that space to be lit.

-RP

Bookmark   September 15, 2010 at 9:57AM
David

If you must have the exact same light bar
superbrightleds?
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Flight_bars-rigid.html

Alternatively, there are other types - such as flexible led strips (on ebay).

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 1:08AM
    Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 1:12AM
sara_in_philly

I found this one. They are not identical to LEDpro: using 12V instead of 24 V, there are 2 kinds of LED bars with different wattage,not sure what else is different.
Either one seems to be cheaper than the LEDpro Lighting.

Not sure how are the bars are going to be connected, need to do more research on this product.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SMD-LED-Under-Cabinet-Strip-Bar-Light-Warm-white-1000mm-/260558555720?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0amp;hash=item3caa800a48

Here is a link that might be useful: LED bar on Ebay

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 4:19PM
tortybeans

Thanks everyone. I was in a time crunch so I went with superbrightleds (ordered this afternoon). If anyone is interested, I finally got a response from photonier today, so apparently he is still in business.

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 5:22PM
David

sara,
It seems that the lights are connected using 2 wires that have to be soldered/ crimped.

The photonier/ environmentallights/ superbrightleds/... lights are polarity neutral - you can swap polarity without busting the light.

tortybeans, thanks for the info

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 9:14PM
Transatlantic

There is another source for those light bars from Atlantic Light : mail to info@atlanticlight.fr

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
Pixi Lighting
Has anyone used the pixi lighting yet? It seems like...
stlblufan
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
ontariomom
Make an impact with some LED!
I thought I would share this with everyone. We have...
Matthew Siegler
Pendant help
Hello, Does anyone know where I can buy these lovely...
Nicole Falla
What size fixture for bathroom lighting?
I'm choosing overhead bathroom lighting for a guest...
magsmayers
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™