Please post pics of your exterior lanterns

nieciebAugust 1, 2009

I am trying to find exterior propane lanterns for my southern plantationey/farmhousey home. I need a lantern or lanterns that would suit this style home. I am undecided if I want one large lantern in front of the front door or one on each side. The door is centered in the middle of the house with a 10' wide porch that is 60' long, the reason for thinking the lanterns on each side of the door would maybe look better. The door with sidelights is 7' 3" wide.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dominiquesdecor

Hello, I thought you might be interested in these lanterns I have here...

Please e-mail DominiquesDecor@live.com with the item number in the subject box or anywhere in the e-mail so I will know. Thank you.

A glowing example of balance and form! Metal and glass. Candle not included. 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" x 11" high.

Steel with glass panels. 5 1/8" diameter x 9" high.

Iron and glass. Candle not included. 4 7/8" diameter x 22" high.

Here is a link that might be useful: DominiquesDecor Lanterns

Bookmark   August 11, 2009 at 8:48AM
dominiquesdecor

I just realized that you posted for Propane
I actually own two COLEMAN PROPANE LANTERNS that no one in my household is using you can have them for $50.00...

Sorry about the mix-up.

Just e-mail DominiquesDecor@live.com with Propane Lanterns in the Subject so I will know it's not the others I posted. [lol]

The two lanterns would come in handy in case of a power outage. You will be receieving the lantern with the new globe, a green ventilator with a metal handle for easy carrying and a plastic stand to put the canister of gas on which holds the lantern up. You do not get the gas because it is against the law to ship gas. If interested contact me via e-mail and I will exchange my phone number there.

Bookmark   August 11, 2009 at 8:59AM
ginger_light

If you haven't made a decision yet, check out this web site for a nice selection of lanterns you can select from. www.coppergaslanternsplus.com 2 lanterns on either side of the door is the right look for a plantation stye home. All the gas lanterns on this site are available for use with propane, just select propane as the gas type listed with each fixture. Each fixture is availble in different sizes. Look at the Plantation Lanterns for the most economical selections.

Here is a link that might be useful: Copper Gas Lanterns

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 12:53PM
More Discussions
Recessed lighting - Remodel (yes/no) LED Can and Trim/Engine (model)
Hi, I want to install recessed lighting in my house...
firsthome_sfh
Kitchen light fixture inadequate.
I love school lights but I need at least 400 watts...
Anne Jones
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
sch9171
2015 Title 24 and LEDs
Hello all, I'm looking to install LEDs in a house that...
elcabezon
If we need to do smaller 3 inch recessed lights in a shower ....
Hi everyone, We are trying to work out if we can put...
ontariomom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™