Cans For 18 Foot Ceilings

tubemanAugust 3, 2011

Should I be using the Cree LR6 DR or regular LR6? The deep recess LR6 I assume has a narrower beam?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
David

The deep recess LR6 is more like the CR6. The positive side is that there is a higher output version of the deep recess LR6 than the standard LR6.

Your 18' ceilings should make up somewhat for the narrower beam.

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 12:54AM
tubeman

Thanks. I guess the question is "do I want a narrower beam?". I am thinking that the higher ceiling might create more sideways glare if I use the regular LR6 or Cr6.

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 10:56AM
lee676

Cree does sell anodized baffle trims in three colors (black, charcoal/gray, bronze) for the CR6 and their other lights that reduce glare if you're not looking straight up at them, about $10 each.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cree Flickr images (scroll left and right in photostream to see other colors)

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 1:07PM
lee676

A better look at the Cree CR6 anodized trim baffle inserts, in the three colors available:

Cree CR6 Trim Accessories

It looks like they're offering a fourth option too, a black ABS thermoplastic full trim option, CT6B or CT6BB. The other three are trim accessories that snap into a standard CR6 module. Not sure if the ABS "full trim" means an entire module with a black rather than white cylindrical recessed section, or just another attachment for the white one they've offered exclusively up to now.

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 6:06PM
lee676

Ah, just got my answer by looking at the LR6 trim options - (see last one at bottom of the page). The CT6BB is an entirely black trim piece that includes the surrounding bezel as well as the recessed part. Both parts are normally white on the CR6, LR6, or LR4; on the other trim accessories, only the recessed section is darkly colored.

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 6:38PM
More Discussions
Davidtay/Others - Recommended efficient T8 bulbs?
I'm hoping that davidtay will see this but would welcome...
oldbat2be
dining area lighting dilemma
We are building our retirement home, and have a large...
golfergirl29
Accent Eyeball lighting for Artwork
Any recommendations for size and type of eyeball light?...
lake72
Questions re: installing a linear light fixture with a sloped ceiling
I'm interested in a chandelier from the Kichler Triad...
texasgal47
Dining Room Lighting - Pendant too large?
I would like to remove my 6-globe chandelier and replace...
cubby325
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™