Converting 5' recessed pot lights to 4' recessed pots

rachellaAugust 15, 2010

Hi all,

I want to stick with line voltage lighting and want to convert my 5 ' cans to 4" cans so that I can use 50 watt par 20 lights rather than the bigger ones with 65 watts.

Does anyone know how and where I get the materials to do that?

Can I simply buy trims that fit into the 5" hole but house the par 20 bulb. I guess they would have another inch to the outside trim. Does such a thing exist?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Why are you doing this? Do you know that they make Par 30 in different wattages and beam spreads as well as more energy efficient 45 watt that can replace higher wattage lamps?

    Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 10:37AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What light would look nice over the sink?
Hi, I'm stumped trying to find a pendant light to go...
Is it ok to install ceiling lights in the slab itself?
I'm getting a new house built and trying to figure...
Quality of LED fixtures from different manufacturers
Hello! Does anyone know how LED light fixtures from...
Legacy Debut Kitchen Cabinet -designer construction
Hi, Does anyone have any feedback on this cabinet...
Lisa Smith
thoughts on WAC Lighting LEDme Pro Light Bars
title says it all - any feedback on this brand and...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™