Hallway lights?

sparkler39August 14, 2013

I'm running into a brick wall with my hallway lights and am sincerely hoping that someone might have some insight. I have a hallway about 24' long and 40" wide. There are windows in the hallway so it's dark. First, I ordered these lights:

http://www.shadesoflight.com/metropolitan-square-flushmount-ceiliing-light.html

But when they were installed they were SO dim because the frosted glass was THICK. So they got returned.

Then I ordered these lights:

http://www.lumens.com/90-Square-Flushmount-by-Tech-Tiella/PAAAIAMBPGPMBPDH/Product?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=+tiella%20+90%20+square&utm_campaign=Tech_Lighting-BMM&gclid=CLmh057d_bgCFdKj4AodhQIAeA

But they're backordered and won't be here for at least two weeks and we're hoping to close in the next two weeks.

So I found these lights today:

http://www.z-lite.com/product/171-16b-c/

And they're in stock and ready to ship. But I have a few concerns. First off, there are several models of this light but I think I need the 3 bulb light (with the 4.5" mounting post) in order to put off enough light in the hallway. I really like the black shade but I'm wondering if it will be too dark in the hallway with just random "spot lights" at the bottom of the lamp. Then I'm wondering if a 18" wide drum is going to be too big and out of proportion for the 40" hallway...

So does anyone have any experience with either of the two lights and/or have any other suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: House-building Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayakboy

how tall is the ceiling in the hallway?

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 5:58PM
JustinZhu

hi,according to my understanding,the black pendant from Z-lite is not for hallway.it is for dining tables.
and also the lampshade of this pendant light is fabric lampshade which is not easy to clean.

maybe u can check the corridor light with clear glass diffuser as attached.i made this lamp for my customer before.antique brass bracket and clear crystal glass diffuser,total 3*E27 max 60W.

u can also check online corridor light with clear glass diffuser.and get the 3 bulb one.it will be not dim.

Hope it will be help!

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 7:37AM
sparkler39

Kayakboy, our ceilings are 8 feet. The Z-lite pendant is perfect. It can be used with a long extendable rod or with a 4.5 inch rod. I'm in the process of moving in but will include a photo later today. You can find this thread (with photos) on the Home Decorating forum. There was more activity over there.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 9:06AM
More Discussions
2015 Title 24 and LEDs
Hello all, I'm looking to install LEDs in a house that...
elcabezon
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
sch9171
Bulkhead pots in teeny bathroom
I'm so not a lighting expert! What's the forum members'...
Studio Design
Pendant help
Hello, Does anyone know where I can buy these lovely...
Nicole Falla
Can I use a light fixture to define an entry??
We do not have a foyer. Our front door opens into the...
meanne74
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™