Juno UPX Xenon or American Lighting Priori Xenon for under cab?

tadrAugust 12, 2011

We need to pick under cabinet lights for our kitchen remodel. Our contractor will be installing them next week after the cabinets are done. Unfortunately, we aren't wired for low voltage and I haven't found a slim transformer that can be concealed under behind our light rail. We also want them dimmable and we don't want to pay for LEDs.

So -- I'm looking at direct wire xenon fixtures.

We're trying to decide between:

1) Juno UPX Pro-Series Xenon in brushed bronze

http://www.junolightinggroup.com/product_index_results.asp?ln=13&sub=13&sel1=32&sel2=39&brand=1&hl=116&path=xtraMenu4

Total for this option is about $600-700 in materials. These fixtures appear to be higher quality and have lenses that extend almost all the way to the end of the fixture. 1" low profile should be completely concealed behind the light rail.

2) American Lighting Priori Xenon in brushed bronze

http://www.americanlighting.com/products.cfm?ID=5

Total for this option is $300-400 in materials. The fixtures appear be slightly lower quality (more plastic) in the pictures I've seen online. The lenses appear to end 1-2" from the edge of the fixture, so I'm a bit worried about lighting "gaps" between the fixtures (between cabinets). 15/16" low profile should be completely concealed behind the light rail.

Any experience with either of these? Any recommendations? Are the Juno lights worth the 50-100% increase in cost?? Is there some other direct-wire alternative I'm missing that would be better?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jakzof3

Look at the KIchler Pucks in LED we got those and they are wafer thin. These use a thin junction box and will go above the range
LED stainless steel for under the cabs very thin too...about one inch and taper to 1/2 inch. Got those in 12 inch and 20 inch. They are very nice. They are more expensive but beat those old fluorescent ones.

Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 2:55AM
More Discussions
Pendant light shades
Hi! New to the forum- don't know what took me so many...
chelseahasrouni
Need help with recessed lighting placement
We're working on a total remodel of our kitchen. The...
judydenver
Legacy Debut Kitchen Cabinet -designer construction
Hi, Does anyone have any feedback on this cabinet...
Lisa Smith
Recessed Lighting Layout for Kitchen
Hi, everyone. I know this is asked all the time, but...
firefox15
Need help finding black lantern sconces
I am trying to find black lantern lights like this....
marthasiny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™