Recessed lighting & ceiling fan installation advice
I am currently looking to install recess lights and ceiling fans in 3 rooms for a total of 12 lights and 3 fans. All the rooms currently have a single light fixture that I want to replace with the ceiling fan. I have attic space above these rooms.
I am getting different opinions from different electricians and despite having ZERO electrical knowledge, some of the info that I am getting does not sound right to me. I need some help in getting my facts right.
(1) What are the SMALLEST size cans out there? And are smaller cans more difficult to install than the bigger ones?
(2) Are 4" (or smaller) cans a fire hazard while 5" (and larger) cans are not????
(3) Is it true that recessed light dimmers will *not* work with energy efficient lights?
(4) What lights / voltage is recommended for recessed lighting?
(5) Is it "harder" to install a fan with a shorter "rod" or "flushmount" fans (for a low / shorter ceiling) than one with a longer "rod"?????
(6) How "difficult" is it to install a dimmer for the lights and program a remote control for the fans?
(7) Finally, how much (a very rough estimate is all I am looking for, not an exact amount) should it cost me to install each light and the fan in the above scenario? I live in the South Bay Area (California).
Thank you very, very much for your time and advice.