recessed lights in batroom

mcs31August 6, 2010

We are remodeling the master bathroom (9x16). There are two vanities facing each other 5 feet apart. There will be a 26"Wx32H mirror over each sink. We are planning to put a sconce on either side of the mirrors. We also want to install 5" recessed lights (75W each) in the ceiling. Two over shower and tub, one over toilet and two in the center of the room near vanities. At what distance from the wall should I install them? Should they be over the edge of the vanities, closer in, more to the center of the room?

Help! Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
newyorking

I have 2 recessed lights in the shower, 3 in the center of the bathroom, and 3 sconces around two medicine cabinets over a vanity with two sinks. The 3 recessed lights in the center of the bathroom are parallel to the ones in the shower. I really like this arrangement because it provides ample light in all areas. Since you have two sconces on either side of the mirror, I suggest having the recessed lighting in the center of the bathroom. I am not sure where your tub and shower are - depending on their location you can make the center lighting parallel. Looks like you will have a lot of light since the sconces will be reflected in both mirrors.

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 11:15PM
More Discussions
Help with different types of LED recessed lighting please!
Can someone explain the basic differences in the different...
Michelle
Outdoor pendant lights for tree
I'm looking to recreate something like this installation...
jamescmeehan
Can I use a light fixture to define an entry??
We do not have a foyer. Our front door opens into the...
meanne74
Pendant help
Hello, Does anyone know where I can buy these lovely...
Nicole Falla
Anyone Recognize this Light Fixture?
I saw these wall fixtures in the Charleston Home +...
jkayepierce826
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™