Maytag Maxima Front Loaders?

blondie859111November 16, 2010

I am thinking of purchasing this pair, but wondered if anyone else has checked them out? I have no experience with Maytag.

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Maytag Maxima

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gates1

HAve you also check out the new Whirlpools, which are cousins to the Maxima's? The Whirlpools have more features if that may be of interest to you. Both models seem like nice washers from what I have read on them

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 10:41AM
asolo

Another $1,400.00 machine with a manual that says nothing about what cold/warm/hot actually mean. All it says is "recommended" temperature is pre-set for each cycle selected. I hate this stuff.

Suggest calling them directly and finding out what those words mean before making the purchase.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another semi-worthless manual.

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 3:10PM
lee676

Whirlpool Corp. manuals are always worthless since they try cut costs by printing one, generic manual that covers numerous models. Sometimes even different brands.

The "real" guide, if there is one, is often found beneath the toekick panel in the service guide, which breaks down the various options and cycles and what exactly each one does.

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 6:44AM
gates1

After the email I just read from Whirlpool who makes the Maxima line, I wouldnt buy it or take it for free! Check out my posting on the was temps for the Whirlpool and Maxima line

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 9:58AM
Suzy_Clark_hotmail_com

POS...I've had mine for 2 weeks and the washer has been crap from day one. Today, I planned on doing laundry all day...the washer had other plans. I had to restart the same load 3 times, finally removed all but a few items, and it finally finished. Then I put back in all of the sopping wet ones I had taken out, and 4 more tries, it's still not done. Don't waste your money on these.

Bookmark   April 18, 2011 at 12:32AM
More Discussions
don't buy a samsung washer or dryer
I am in the market for a new set so I called my trusty...
monaw
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
Goodbye Kenmore HE2T/Whirlpool Sport, I hate you!
Im so done with this piece of junk washing machine....
Mark
Mystery holes in cotton knits
My husband and I have been perplexed for over a year...
nicoletouk
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™