Advice on Modest Amount of Bling in Kitchen

onelady1dog2girlsAugust 8, 2009

Hello everyone. Can't imagine doing a remodel without this wonderful forum. We are getting ready to do a kitchen remodel and will be looking for pendants/small chandelier for over a 3x4 island and our kitchen table. There is a peninsula seperating these two areas, so the lights will be approximately 9' apart. I had seen an American Brass 9102 chandelier done in a kitchen in pewter that was just beautiful. However, I think it is a little too much crystal and ornamentality for our kitchen.

Needlesstosay, I'd like a modest amount of bling in the kitchen. Here's a totally different look that appeals to me, it's Framburg Hyperion

http://www.1800lighting.com/Framburg-Lighting/Hyperion-Collection/item.cfm?itemsku=2033PL%2DB.

What do you think of two pendants over the island and the single chandelier over the kitchen table? It's a bit more modern, and I certainly will have to find suitable hardware to match. Any other suggestions? Interested in all your wonderful thoughts....Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lightinggal

I agree on the 2 pendants over the island and chandelier over the kitchen table. That's what I have in my home.
you can see the pictures on the link below about midway on the page. One picture of the island and one of the table.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lighting So Exciting Modern Lighting page

Bookmark   August 19, 2009 at 2:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_light

Yes, to the pendant lights. They will complete the look.

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 11:25AM
More Discussions
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
ontariomom
Has Anything Changed In Recessed LCD Lighting Since 2012?!?
GW, Hello everyone! Just wanted to say that this is...
AndrewDK
Pixi Lighting
Has anyone used the pixi lighting yet? It seems like...
stlblufan
Make an impact with some LED!
I thought I would share this with everyone. We have...
Matthew Siegler
Outdoor pendant lights for tree
I'm looking to recreate something like this installation...
jamescmeehan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™