Miele W&D

jasperdogNovember 2, 2011

We have the opportunity to buy a new but used W4840 and T9800. The washer and dryer were used at the appliance store and are now being sold as closeouts. Since they are "new" they will still come with warranty. Does $2300 for the pair sound like a reasonable price since they are technically used?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larsi_gw

Considering the washer with tax is close to $2,000...the price is good. You say used. Do you mean on the floor for display, or actually used for live/wet demonstrations?

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 9:49AM
jasperdog

Floor models used to do laundry at the showroom as well as demos. I would imagine for whatever laundry they acculmulate from cooking demos, etc. There are some cosmetic blemishes, but the skins will be replaced with new.

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 12:22PM
Cavimum

As long as you have a full warranty, there should not be any problems. What a deal!!!

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 12:46PM
livebetter

Considering what I paid for them here in Canada, that's a deal for sure. I did get a free 10 year warranty with mine (which helped to ease the pain). Let us know if you get them!

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 5:41PM
sshrivastava

@ jasperdog

Considering that I paid almost $4k for the newer W4842/T9802, I would say you are getting a great deal!

Bookmark   November 4, 2011 at 10:40AM
sshrivastava

To clarify my above post, the cost was around$3,800 w/ tax and included pedestals.

Bookmark   November 4, 2011 at 11:09AM
jasperdog

Thanks SSV. I am currently out of town and hopefully the set will still be there when I get back. Was the extended warranty through the dealer or Miele?

On a slightly different note do all Mieles come with the hinges on the same side? I think this pair both are hinged on the right. It seems it would be more convenient to have them be opposite.

Bookmark   November 5, 2011 at 4:49PM
livebetter

@jasperdog, in Canada Miele is handled differently. Everything is through them directly so my warranty is with them.

I know when they were here doing something to my machine, the tech told me all the service reports go straight to Germany and they monitor if issues seem prevalent etc ... Pretty cool.

Mine are hinged opposite. Washer hinged right and dryer hinged on the left.

Bookmark   November 5, 2011 at 9:19PM
jasperdog

Thanks

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 12:05AM
More Discussions
2015 washer/dryer
I just bought a new house and need a washer/dryer....
Jason Burroughs
Laundry room
I have been digging through the forums but am still...
mwinfield
speed queen awn 542 and adg3lr dryer
Just purchased Speed Queen AWN 542 and ADG3LR Dryer Great...
bcsnave
Sad FS discovery
I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I...
andi2928
Speed Queen Front Load AFN50 Washer Review - Long Post
I have been lurking here for a while as one of many...
sandiego_steve
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™