lighting plan help - led, lv, undercab, pendants
Looking to get some assistance in figuring out a lighting plan for my renovation. This encompasses a Kitchen/DR combo as well as a Livingroom and Front Hallway.
Below are floorplans that have a closeup of the kitchen/DR half and the other is a full plan. The current fixtures shown on the plan were done for the sake of filing for the electrical permit. If it is easier I can post one with the lighting stuff removed.
This is what I have been thinking:
- Pendants over the Peninsula.
- I was thinking of smaller, like 3.75", LC cans in the window seal area as well as over the table. I think my parents have 2 lightolier (which I think now is Phillips) LV halogen bulb fixtures over the table. This gives nice warm lighting over the table. Also, in times of company/holidays when you need additional seating, the table would be pushed closer to the window seat so that another table could be added for up to 14 people. So hanging type fixtures over a table won't work. Open to ideas here though.
- Other 6" Cree LED bulbs elsewhere in the kitchen and LR is the plan. I was going to go with Halo 6" Air Tight Recessed Can's. which would give me flexibility in case I decided not to go LED. These can's I believe would allow you to go any which way. Will all be on dimmers.
- I think I will be going with LED undercabinet lighting. There will be one cabinet between the windows over the sink and the 4 panel sliding glass door to the left. On the rangetop wall, there will be upper cabinets flanking the rangetop. I'm guessing that I would need two transformers in that each of these area's would be on 2 separate switches. All the wiring still has to be done so I can do LV or High Voltage fixtures. Looking to get the asnwers as to the best approach so that I can run all the wiring. However, My plan to to put the transformers in the basement ceiling below (Drop ceiling). Unless there is a better idea. The light rail under the cabinet I believe is like 1" high so want to make sure nothing is easily seen/visible under the cabinets.
- Living/Family room I put 6 can's Not sure if this is correct, etc. Thinking you want lighting over the couch? The left side, where the green circle is shown, will be a gas burning fireplace. There will be cabinets and bookshelves flanking both sides. I haven't even finished designing that yet but may put lighting in the top. Not sure if any recessed fixtures should be in front of the built-ins or fireplace. Oh, there will be a TV over the fireplace.
- The front hallway still shows a closet to the right of the front door. This is no longer there. So the doorway and half wall shifts over slightly. The plan in the hallway is to raise the ceiling to approx 9' high. Not sure if I should put some type of hanging fixture, recessed. Combo etc. Looking for suggestions.