Help With Light Cover?

odiegirl13July 14, 2010

This is my first post on the lighting forum. I am trying to fix up my Dad's house to put it on the market. The cover to the kitchen light fixture is cracked and I need to find a replacement. (Somehow tape is not that appealing to buyers). I know it is not the most appealing light fixture but neither of us has any more cash to put into the house.

Do you know where I can find something that will work? I think they look like open grates. I have a similar light fixture in the master bath that I need to repair as well.

Thanks for any help with this. I live in another city but I am going to be at the house for a week to get everything finished.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Which part broke?

The frame is typically made of wood and the translucent panels of some plastic sheet. All the materials can be obtained from HD or Lowes...

    Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 6:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Just the panels. I thought it was so old that I would not be able to find the parts.


    Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 11:09PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Legacy Debut Kitchen Cabinet -designer construction
Hi, Does anyone have any feedback on this cabinet...
Lisa Smith
Bedroom Lighting Advice?
I just came up with a first draft for lighting in our...
Need help with recessed lighting placement
We're working on a total remodel of our kitchen. The...
Disappointed with my LED recessed lights ... what now?
My LED recessed lights (Cree 6'' 2700K) were installed...
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™