What do you think of Electrolux Touch-2-Open doors?

kris680October 2, 2010

Looking at the Electrolux washer/dryers and am wondering what folks think about the Touch-2-Open Doors. Do you love them? Find them annoying? Are they over sensitive or just the right about of tension?

It's a completely different door from every other vendor so I'm trying to tell if Electrolux is going to be leading the way w/this design or whether it's going to be short-lived (for whatever reason).

Would love to hear what you think if you're a Touch Door user.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larsi_gw

I DO NOT like them. While they at first seem cool, they feel fragile and "gimmicky". My Wave Touch Dryer arrived with the push to open door already stuck. When we reversed the door, it got much better, but it arrived broken. Also, I like to leave the washer door ajar when the unit is not in use (never had any mold issues ever, even after 20 years using front loaders). With the Electrolux doors, they are open or shut....they will not just stay ajar. The spring mechansism is very "springy", and it just swings all the way open. Our laundry room is somewhat small, and the door being all the way open makes it very hard to move around & impossible to use the wash sink next to the washer. I think a regular door is best. Also, if this push to open door was so great...don't you think another company would use it, or adopt something similar??

Bookmark   October 3, 2010 at 11:07AM
kris680

Larsi - re. your last statement... that's kind of what I was thinking too. I have no idea why they decided to introduce this kind of door. Hmmm, maybe I need to rethink product choice. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Bookmark   October 3, 2010 at 1:22PM
livebetter

I tried them at an appliance store and noticed that there seemed to be a slight delay. I pushed the botton and it took serveral seconds for the door to open ... I kept thinking I had to push it again. Didn't like them at all.

Bookmark   October 4, 2010 at 11:30AM
More Discussions
Mysterious Stains on White Clothing LG front load
Hi, I've been searching for the answer to this question...
jenmenke
Fisher+Paykel Eco Intuitive not working properly
Hello, I hope someone out there can help me! I have...
varietypack
Do any of you use Ammonia in your laundry?
A friend of mine says she uses ammonia in her wash...
mark40511
Ok to only use cold water hookup on washing machine?
Hello, My washing machine is in a location with only...
jmoscone
Fisher Paykel Washer/Dryer
Sears is now carrying Fisher Paykel washers and dryers....
phyllisb
Sponsored Products
Ergorapido Cordless 2-in-1 Electrolux Vacuum
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
Electrolux Stainless Over-the-Range Microwave
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™