Has anyone heard of Alliance Outdoor Lighting?

buzz2July 4, 2013

I have received a few quotes for landscape lighting around a new pool/patio. Two contractors priced out Alliance Lighting fixtures with transformers (less $$) and one chose Unique Lighting Systems (more $$). I have found a lot on the web about Unique and they seem to be well respected. However, I can't seem to find much about Alliance. Maybe I'm not searching the right way. One of the contractors offered to price out Cast Lighting items but then he came back with Alliance in the quote.

Does anyone know about or have experience with Alliance Lighting products, specifically path lights and bullet lights? Is it a respected company and make decent, durable products? What are the major differences between the cheaper and more expensive lighting fixtures? I won't go for the cheaper products if they aren't going to last.

What about Cast Lighting? Do they make good landscape lighting products? I'm thinking of having that contractor I mentioned price out with Cast ( I'm guessing it will be more money).

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annzgw

I found a good bit of info online for Alliance and Cast. I think it's going to come down to what color and design you want, plus how much you're willing to spend.
If you live in an area that gets salt spray, then you will most likely want to go with a metal and finish that can handle it.

I have some of the less expensive outdoor fixtures and the things I've noticed is exposed screw heads rusting, one fixture that has an adjustment for angle doesn't hold the set angle, and on a few fixtures the light bulbs burn out frequently.

Have the contractors quote on all the styles you're considering and also ask to see the product so you can see/feel the difference. Most suppliers have a showroom where you can inspect the items.

Bookmark   July 4, 2013 at 12:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buzz2

Thank you annz.

Any other comments about Alliance Outdoor Lighting products?

Has anyone actually used Alliance? I'm interested to see if anyone has personal experience witb this product.

Bookmark   July 11, 2013 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
Buzzing LEDs
I'm exploring LEDs for a new build, and so far, not...
mtvhike
i found this on ebay
its a led strap very nice anf beautiful Specifications: Ø...
Ran Peretz
Looking for vendors of outdoor lighting
I am looking for quality outdoor wall lighting . I...
fiftyfab
What light would look nice over the sink?
Hi, I'm stumped trying to find a pendant light to go...
sweetoo
Transitional design lighting
Should light fixtures "match" in transitional...
sheepco4
Sponsored Products
Silver Lamp: # 28 in. Antique Silver Resin Table Lamp 6163
$74.99 | Home Depot
Adjustable Standing Floor Lamp for Reading
ParrotUncle
DENY Designs Rachael Taylor 50s Inspired Outdoor Throw Pillow - 13246-OTHRP18
$49.00 | Hayneedle
Viso | Ruskii Pendant Light
$359.10 | YLighting
Natural Mica Bronze 4-Light Multi Light Pendant
Lamps Plus