help on kitchen lighting plan

titan7July 20, 2010

I have a galley kitchen 15 feet long by 10 feet wide. We put 6 6" cans in 3 on each side and 2 4"cans over the sink. the 6" cans are in "6 pack" formation. I don't feel the 6" cans are doing it. My first light off the wall is 44" and the wall looks very dark the others are spaced at 48" apart. I am thinking of adding (2) more 6" cans.

I could get the first cans about 25" off the wall which I feel will put some light on the wall but the spacing will not be even due to the vent for the hood running to the outside. There is a 36" door opening on the left and the kitching opens again on the right.

spacing would be as follows left to right:

25" from wall to Can 1, then 48" to Can 2, then 32.5" to can 3, then 48" to Can 4, then 25" to the wall. The 2 smaller lights are the 4" cans over the sink, the stove is on the opposite wall from the sink

thanks for any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
David

Do you have wall hung upper cabinets? If so, the can at 25" could be rather close. I started around 30".

I would space them out as evenly as possible, limited by structural obstructions in the ceiling.

Bookmark   July 20, 2010 at 10:43AM
More Discussions
Light fixtures for cove lighting
Greetings, I am constructing cove lighting in a small...
impster
Lighting fro New Kitchen - Where to Start?
I've been spending lots of time on the kitchen forum,...
Carrie B
Hubbardton Forge
Does anyone by chance have their Icarus and/or Mobius...
anniel58
Alternative to pot/can lights
Spoke to my GC yesterday and he suggested that I use...
abbabug
Questions re: installing a linear light fixture with a sloped ceiling
I'm interested in a chandelier from the Kichler Triad...
valpogal47
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™