Laundry room dimensions

go_figure01October 19, 2012

I have been thru most of the threads here and see some pics and some designs, but I am wondering if you can share what the dimensions of your laundry room? I do not have alot of space to work with but am interested in what is important, how much space do I need, etc. I am considering adding an area off the kitchen which I can only be 6ft wide because of lot restrictions. How long do I need it to be? Will 6ft wide be enough? Currently, I have to go out my front door, and open the garage to do the laundry. This is a MAJOR PIA and I dont think I can live w/it like this much longer. The dryer vent empties onto the front porch area which makes it very hot and of course, very dusty. Any suggestions????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

Figure 5' wide minimum for the washer and dryer to sit side by side. Do you need a sink in there? Do you want folding space or hamper space? Any other storage needs in there?

If it were me, I would do ~8.5x6. Place the W/D to your left or right as you come in the room with an L-shaped countertop extending from the W/D end and around the corner. I would put in full counter height double hampers in the short run (2 or 3) and maybe a sink next to the W/D. Upper cabinets could be optional.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   October 21, 2012 at 4:30PM
go_figure01

Thank you mydreamhome. I follow your threads often! �
I think I can do 8.5 and that makes great sense! Thank you so much for the detail. I can start a plan!! YEA!!!

Bookmark   October 21, 2012 at 8:05PM
Zippity-do-dah

Hi Go Figure

Just a suggestion: look on the HOUZZ website for more laundry area ideas? Some of them are in tight spaces and amazing.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 12:40AM
More Discussions
Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Loading Washer
My GWL11 Top loading washer has had nothing but problems!...
jessicacbrandt
List price for new Speed Queens?
Looking at the new front loaders like everyone else...
jormydog
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
Stack Washer & Dryer to make room for Utility Tub?
Hi All! I have a very small main floor laundry "closet"...
Catie R
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™