Buying new Washer/Dryer (considering Miele, Samsung, LG)

RonEngOctober 17, 2013

Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum a lot for the past few weeks. I am planing on getting a washing machine/dryer for my first time. I would love to buy a Miele because I have heard they are very good machines. However, I am a little bit hesitant because I have read some horror stories from owners. But to be fair even the well known brands like LG and Samsung have bad reviews sometimes. I just don't like bulky appliances.

My options right now are the following: buying an used (like new) W3033 with a brand new T8003 for $1225, or a brand new W1213 with T1413 for $1100. Both of these options are through Craiglist's which I do not know if I can buy an extended warranty (through a third party company) for them. My other option will be buying a brand new LG or Samsung. I am looking for something reliable, not big (like typical American appliances), and something that can wash/dry my clothes efficiently (energy-wise speaking) and with quality.

I understand if I get the W1213, I need to get the Easy Installation Set from Miele. Could any of you confirm if that is still available? Is just "plug and play" right?

Thanks so much in advance!
Ron

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nerdyshopper

It seems that you really are planning to get a Miele. If not, I have had 5 years use from a Samsung front loader. It was a frustrating experience because at first I did't know how to set it up to get clothes clean in spite of the high efficiency water and electric saving computer. Once I figured that out it has done a good job. Don't know how long it will last. It is my understanding that all modern front loaders have a much shorter life than the old top loaders (which could be counted on for 20 years of so).

Bookmark   October 29, 2013 at 12:20AM
More Discussions
New Front Load Speed Queens
Hi everyone, we are replacing our old GE's- adding...
remodnana
Speed Queen washer
When you all are discussing your Speed Queen, did you...
maylingsmom
Kenmore Detergent
Has anyone seen the Kenmore Detergent at Sears? I saw...
sparky823
Blinded by the technology and shiny bits
A couple of weeks ago my 20 yr old 22lb Admiral dryer...
mmmm12
My LG FL is pilling my clothes
I have looked up every resource I know to help me with...
jessvb7
Sponsored Products
Axel Orb Chandelier
Lightology
Cielo Outdoor Teak Outdoor Dining Table, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
LG 11,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner (Refurbished)
Overstock.com
Whitehaus WHNCMD2920LG Stainless Steel Protection Grid for Sink WHNCMD2920
$85.00 | Blue Bath
Urbanista Copenhagen Foldable Headphones - Urbanista
$99.00 | HORNE
Long Lafitte LG-AM Pendant
Lightology
Uttermost Leonidas Antique Gold Candleholders Set Of 2
Beyond Stores
White Round Shade Lg Galileo Holtkoetter Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for: