screw in baffles for recessed lighting

eyeskiJune 1, 2011

Despite my insistence that the recessed lighting installed in my renovated kitchen have a baffle that is easily screwed out to replace the lamp, the electrical contractor installed a halo h7T can. As far as i can tell the halos will only accept a spring loaded trim baffle which has to be pulled down to change the lamp bulb. Does anyone know the name of a recessed lighting trim that includes a screw out baffle of whether there is such a trim kit for the halos.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

actually its not the baffle i want to screw in, its the actual lens

    Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 10:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You should ask the electrician perhaps in writing this time.

    Bookmark   June 3, 2011 at 2:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Your can use a few different types of baffles. You can use the old circular spring type, or the v shaped spring type. That can has 2 ways to install the baffled trim. You can pretty much buy any 6 inch baffle and it will fit.

    Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 12:49AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
T24 compliant, 4" LED recessed light options
We are looking for a sub $100 4" LED recessed...
Artwork lighting with recessed cans
I have 6" recessed can lights throughout my house....
how many lamps in a bathroom heat lamp?
Bathroom is about 140sq5 ft. What do you'll think?...
Pendant light shades
Hi! New to the forum- don't know what took me so many...
Need help finding black lantern sconces
I am trying to find black lantern lights like this....
Sponsored Products
Patio Living Concepts Posts European Single White Globe Plug-In Outdoor Black
Home Depot
Cream Metal Bird Cage 1-light Table Lamp
Ponderosa Large Outdoor Wall-Mounted Lantern
$984.00 | Bellacor
Dado Pendant by Currey & Company
$1,240.00 | Lumens
Tubes Polished Nickel Halogen Two-Light Bath Fixture
$178.20 | Bellacor
Banded Wall Sconce With Bars by Hubbardton Forge
$284.00 | Lumens
Vanilla Metallic - Satin Blue Shade Ovo Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
ELK Lighting Martina 31284/2 Semi-Flush - Polished Chrome - 12W in. - 31284/2
$198.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™