Samsung Washer - Water ALWAYS Hot?

sheenaleeOctober 30, 2011

Hi - I'm, new here!

We just bought a new front-loading Samsung Washer and Dryer set, and I've found that no matter what heat setting I choose for the water, the clothes always come out hot.

We thought maybe the guy had forgotten to turn on the cold water valve, but we checked that to be sure, and everything seems fine. I also tried to wash the clothes on Warm/Warm to see if they were any cooler when they came out, and they weren't - they were still steaming hot.

I decided tonight to stop the washer after a few minutes and feel if the water was actually hot or maybe just got hot during the spin (lame I know, but I'm out of ideas!)

Anyone else experience this? I don't care so much for my whites but I don't want my darks and colors to fade.

Thanks!

Sheena

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

Very well could be that the hot and cold water hoses are connected to the machine in reverse.ÃÂ Not unusual that a delivery/install crew gets them backward, some machines are opposite from the "usual" and they don't check the labeling on the hose ports.

Run a Quick cycle with the temp set to Cold/Cold, pause it when the final spin begins, check if the drum feels hot.

Bookmark   October 30, 2011 at 9:21PM
sheenalee

I actually put it on Hot/Cold and paused it after a couple minutes, and the wash water was cold. We're calling the guy back to come and fix it!

Thanks! :)

Bookmark   October 30, 2011 at 10:18PM
dadoes

You can swap the hoses yourself in much less time than waiting for someone else. :-)

Bookmark   October 30, 2011 at 10:27PM
asolo

Listen to dadoes, please.

If you want to ball the people out with a phone call, by all means do that. They deserve it.

On the other hand, calling them in to switch hoses for you is on a par with calling an electrician to change a light bulb. Don't be silly about this.

If you are disabled in some way, please disregard.

Bookmark   October 30, 2011 at 11:19PM
More Discussions
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
The perfect appliance? (survey)
Hi everyone! Whether for kitchen, laundry appliances...
hainnovation
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
Tried vinegar method to stretch shrunk wool pants but failed
Two 100% sweaters and one pair of 65% wool with 35%...
jjjjade H
Electrolux 60 Series #3
Well let this be a fyi. People do not ever purchase...
Mark
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™