Laundry room countertop - what do you have?

MardoOctober 30, 2012

I"m building a new home on small acreage in relatively affluent area. My new laundry room will be approx 10 x 12 with L shaped counter surface. One wall will contain sink, FL W&D, counter, then turns into one full wall of countertop with shelves and drawers underneath. Third wall will be mostly storage cabinetry. I tell everyone that my new laundry room has edged out my new kitchen as the room I'm most excited about.

What was your choice for countertops in this typically non-public room of the house? If you chose to upgrade from laminate to quartz or granite what influenced your decision? If you had the money for higher end countertops but chose to install something else what influenced that decision?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mustangs81

Frankly what influenced my decision was what the granite fabricator had in the remnant warehouse that matched my decor. I got a white 7'X2' quartz top installed for $70. I was having a granite backsplash installed in the kitchen at the same time so perhaps that influenced the low cost of the LR countertop. I am happy with the LR project.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 1:15PM
shannonaz

I leftover kitchen granite in my current laundry room. I think the next laundry room will have stainless counters. I love the look and utility but it's a little too industrial for my kitchen. I am excited :)

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 10:39AM
shannonaz

*I HAVE leftover granite in my laundry room :)

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
How to RePosition Side by Side Washer & Dryer to Stackable position?
Greetings! We are moving into a home where the only...
gem57
Eco Nuts Laundry Detergent
Has anyone here used these before. Saw them on Shark...
brentb21
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
NEW Whirlpool Duet laundry team
Hi Guys, I'm a new blog writer and i review items....
Appliancetoday
Need help with LR/Mudroom/PR arrangement
We are breaking ground in 3-4 weeks and we still haven't...
daboyd4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™