Need spotlight that plugs into outlet in eaves

beth_in_bendJune 25, 2009

I want to spotlight a flag from above, and I'm having trouble finding a basic spotlight that plugs into an outlet in the ceiling of my porch that is controlled by a switch in the house. Does anyone know where I could find such a thing? I don't want a motion sensor spotlight, and that seems to be all I can find. Is it possible to de-activate the motion sensor?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bugbite

Are you saying that the spots you are finding are only direct wire (no plug)?
Bob

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 11:04PM
beth_in_bend

I can find the direct wire flood lights, like what you would use to light up a garage area. But I am looking for something to plug into an outlet. Something similar to a landscaping flood light, but I want to install in in my eaves, pointing toward my flag, not on a post in the ground. I would prefer a single light, not the double kind like many direct wire flood lights are.

Bookmark   June 26, 2009 at 3:04PM
mtshastaal

Remove the plugs and hard wire a spot that comes with a remote switch to that location. I think they make something that would work for you.

It is a bit mickey mouse, but you can get a spot lamp on a cord and install a photo cell screw in type, or you can plug the spot into a timer and plug the timer into your porch plug. I did this for my flag pole and it worked great. I came off a plug in the basement and put the timer there. I ran a cord out a foundation vent and up to my hardwired spot fixture.

Bookmark   July 4, 2009 at 1:19PM
More Discussions
Sylvania vs. EcoSmart retrofit
I have seen these two brands compared many times with...
linae
Questions re: installing a linear light fixture with a sloped ceiling
I'm interested in a chandelier from the Kichler Triad...
valpogal47
MBR ceiling light or fan
Hi all, We have a farmhouse/colonial that was built...
Anthony
Alternative to pot/can lights
Spoke to my GC yesterday and he suggested that I use...
abbabug
Any opinions on "all-in-one" housing/trim/bulb LED combo kits?
There are a couple "all-in-one" recessed...
progressnerd
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™