Help with kitchen lighting please!!! Pics and layout included

lantana17June 4, 2011

Hi! We are so confused about kitchen lighting. We are thinking of doing 2 pendants over the peninsula and then recessed lighting. It seems there is quite a bit of debate as to whether to do flushed mount or recessed lighting. I like that flushed mount will be less expensive and can light the room well. Our dining room is attached to the kitchen and we will be adding a nice light, and I am concerned it will look to cluttered if we also do flush mount in the center of the kitchen and over the sink. So, we are considering LED or halogen 5" cans. We would have to do two cans over the sink since there is a stud right in the center. The lighting store quoted us $100 for the LEDS and our contractor charges $50/hr. I'm concerned about the cost of LEDS but hope it would pay off in the long run. We are still considering halogens as well.

Another thought to cut down on cost and labor would be to do some track lighting over the kitchen sink but not sure if that will go with the pendants and just look awkward.

Here are some pics of the kitchen and layout if this helps at all. Any advice is so appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lantana17

Here are some pictures and layout:

Thank you!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 6:41PM
triphase

Could not see any pictures. Send them to me at info@tri-phase-electric.com and I can help with this. I will tell you what you want and talk your way, or your electrician through it.

Mike

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 12:39AM
triphase

Pictures 4 and 5 were good, but I want to see a total kitchen picture if possible, that way I can photoshop lights right where I would install them, but would need one really good photo of eveything if that is at all possible.

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
recessed lighting suggestions
I'm having recessed lights installed in two rooms this...
evanderleeuw
Bulkhead pots in teeny bathroom
I'm so not a lighting expert! What's the forum members'...
Studio Design
looking for some direction choosing leds for family room
I want to add some recessed led lights to the family...
gwald
Anyone Recognize this Light Fixture?
I saw these wall fixtures in the Charleston Home +...
jkayepierce826
Recessed lighting - Remodel (yes/no) LED Can and Trim/Engine (model)
Hi, I want to install recessed lighting in my house...
firsthome_sfh
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™