Where to purchase Cheer Dark Formula Detergent.

nikki1004October 29, 2007

HELP!!! My work uniform is now all black. Shirts, pants and aprons. My clothes are fading so fast. I wash in cold water inside out and don't dry them most of the time. On occasion I will dry them only on gentle. I live in Central Florida and connot find Cheer Dark Detergent anywhere. I have emailed Procter and Gamble and they can't help other than telling me to ask my local grocery store to start carrying it. I also have searched online at many stores to order it but it seems a mystery who carrries it. PLEASE HELP. I can't afford to keep buying new work clothes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cynic

I've seen it all over around here but if you can't find it in your area, that's the best suggestion. Talk to your local store and ask them to order it. Even if you work a deal to buy a case of it if they'll order it or something, it's probably only 4-6 bottles. But if the store has any say on what they carry, they'd probably carry it for you if you ask.

I tried a quick internet search, but didn't find anything... even tried ebay! I'll post back if I find anything.

Good luck!

Bookmark   October 29, 2007 at 10:19PM
joe_in_philly

nikki1004,

If you can't find cheer dark, try regular cheer or another detergent that does not contain optical brightners. I think the optical brighteners can cause your black items to look faded.

If you have faded clothes you no long feel look good, you could try dying them black again using the dyes often found in grocery stores or wal-mart/Target.

Joe

Bookmark   October 29, 2007 at 11:14PM
curiousshopper

Joe is right, just use the regular Cheer.

Consumer Report did an article on the Dark Formula and found that it cleaned well but didn't protect darks differently than regular Cheer. Neither Cheer product contains the optical brighteners.

Bookmark   October 29, 2007 at 11:28PM
newhart50_comcast_net

I found Cheer dark online at soap.com with free shipping over $39. It is also only $6.65 for a 50oz. bottle.

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 10:41AM
mc_xplornet_ca

I live in Alberta Canada north of Calgary I would like to know where to purchase Cheer dark formula

Bookmark   March 16, 2011 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
Removing ink on silk?
Anyone knows how to remove ink on silk. Much appreciated....
yugoslava
Do you put powder detergent in dispenser in front loader?
I finally finished the big bottle of liquid detergent...
marti8a
Magtag TL leaving white film on clothes
My Maytag has a selfcleaning filter, and I've had it...
sweeterthanhoney
Dark color spots on clothes after washing/drying
I have been having having this issue for months now...
tylerr27
Laundry room reveal
We just updated our laundry/mud room after years of...
kooopons
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™