Lighting to accent second floor landing

nancitaJune 26, 2012

Hi all,

Picture this. You are at the top of the stairs (the last two angle to the right). If you look at the ceiling, there are two cans to illuminate the stairs, another box ready for a light outside the small guest bathroom to the left of the cans and another box waiting for a ceiling fan in line with the two cans. It's a bit crowded up there. Guess the architect wanted plenty of light because they are all controlled (except for the ceiling fan) by one switch.

What type/style light fixture, flush, semi-flush, would go with the cans in such a small area? Small is key. Do I want to "hide" them or have them "blend" with the deco of nickel that I love? Light or no light for the ceiling fan?

Thanks so much. Terrible description, I know. All that's important ids there two cans, a ceiling fixture and a ceiling that all need to get along!

Oh, boy, one more light. At the top of the stairway, there' a small hallway also with, right, a box for a light!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Alittleapple

Do you say the wall lamp?

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 7:58AM
roadbike

I am having trouble picturing the setup. But if I understand the configuration you do not have room or a need for another fixture.

Bookmark   June 30, 2012 at 12:03AM
nancita

I know and I apologize. The two cans are in a line and the ceiling fan location is also in a line with them. The light outside the guest bath is to the left of the three.
Thanks.

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 1:03PM
dekeoboe

Can you post some pictures?

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 6:57PM
More Discussions
Any opinions on "all-in-one" housing/trim/bulb LED combo kits?
There are a couple "all-in-one" recessed...
progressnerd
Entry light for awkward design
What should we do for a light at the front door? It...
sakami
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
ontariomom
2015 Title 24 and LEDs
Hello all, I'm looking to install LEDs in a house that...
elcabezon
Accent Eyeball lighting for Artwork
Any recommendations for size and type of eyeball light?...
lake72
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™