Working on lights now.

bugbiteJune 25, 2009

I am working with my lights now. For my undercabinet lights, I determined which I will get (HD 3 pack 8watts FL 4100k around $28 for three and great light compared to the 7 others I tested.). The stove light (which I hooked up yesterday again after a year being off) can be turned off and on dependently. That's great flexibilty. The other new under cabinet lights also have that option. Wish I could independently flip the light over the sink light off and on. Maybe I will look at a light for over the sink that has a remote dimmer that can be placed lower (like a led light I saw at Lowes). I installed 5" recessed lights last week and put in 23watts CFLs. Great light with a HD n:vision 3500k cfl. For weeks I thought I had to go with the very low light reflector bulbs because of the look. But I don't even see the cfls because they are deep in the fixture and the light is beautiful. TCP (maker of N:vision) has a dimmable 20watt cfl that they say they approve for recessed cans.

HD has a great 5" recessed can which is approved for insulation contact and is airtight. Halo has a great baffle for it. Got Lowes to price match HD and saved $4 each on the baffle. One other pont. Make sure all you lights are about the same Kelvin rating or some will be yellow (2700K) some 3000k (whiter) and some 4100K. All manufacturers don't create colors the same. So just be aware. For a white kitchen I don't want anything else than 3000k. That is what I am working on.

Bob

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bugbite

Tested the leds with dimmer over the sinks. They suk. Back to the drawing board.

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
Let's brainstorm all about lighting and scene controls
Hi everyone, Let's face it, understanding lighting...
ontariomom
i found this on ebay
its a led strap very nice anf beautiful Specifications: Ø...
Ran Peretz
T24 compliant, 4" LED recessed light options
We are looking for a sub $100 4" LED recessed...
pinkybee83
Need help with recessed lighting placement
We're working on a total remodel of our kitchen. The...
judydenver
Buzzing LEDs
I'm exploring LEDs for a new build, and so far, not...
mtvhike
Sponsored Products
WAC Lighting | Polaris Quick Connect Pendant Light
$207.00 | YLighting
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs School
Home Depot
Silver Metal LED Light-Up Coffee Sign
$46.99 | zulily
Portobello Road One-Light Coupe Wall Sconce in Dore Finish
$798.00 | Bellacor
8-LED Miniature Wedge Base LED Tier Light Bulb
Super Bright LEDs