Low Voltage U/C Wiring Help (also posted in Electrical Wiring)
I need a lot of help with this under cabinet lighting system I am trying to plan.
I have so many questions I really do not know where to start so I will try to explain and hopefully my very crude drawing will help.
I have two separate runs of cabinet that are both in the kitchen, but I would not be able to hide the low voltage cable if I ran it from one set of cabinets to the other.
So my questions are as followed:
1. Can place the transformer in the crawlspace under the kitchen?
2. Can I branch off of the transformer with two branches using NM cable to run the low voltage current in the walls to the cabinets?
3. Can I directly wire the 120v 15a circuit into the transformer without using a switch? (I do not want to clutter the backsplash/walls with switches)
4. Can I use some sort of small in-line low voltage dimmer in a junction box under my cabinets and then convert the NM cable to the low voltage cable?
5. Can I use the transformer as a junction box under my house to also connect my current overhead lighting?